As Baby Boom Retires
1. The Boomers are retiring. And there's a lot of them.
2. To fill their jobs, companies will be forced to put young people in senior roles
3. This will lead to better placements than usual because it will force employers to set aside standard job requirements.
Phil claims that "in a lot of cases, some of the most talented people" don't come close to matching the requirements of the job description.
Inotherwords, standard hiring procedures filter out a lot of good people
To support his point, he gives three examples.
a) Steve Jobs. Hippie drop-out.
b) Ben Wallace. Basketball star. Undrafted, too small.
c) Andy Stanley. Mediocre student, big time preacher.
1. Are these fair examples of employees or oddballs?
2. If experience is not used as a qualifier, how do you recognize ability?