SAYS PETER GOLD, TAILOR.
According to Peter Gold, the next generation career site should give job-hunters the ability to:
1. Ask the corporate recruiter a question online
2. See other people's questions and remarks about the job
3. Read the company, recruiter and employee blogs.
4. See the employees' jobster profiles
5. See the company's (or the recruiter's) hiring history.
6. See videos of the workplace via links from YouTube
These are great ideas but too idealistic. Open forums reveal the truth -- but the unvarnished truth is what companies want to hide. All we read about these days are attempts to suppress company bloggers and shut out candidates who reveal too much on their personal sites. So, it could be a long time before any company except, perhaps, Microsoft gives employees the right to say what they want online without repercussions.