The Executive Restaurant Recruiter.
Carl Chapman, he's some nice guy. How do I know? Bull Doza emailed me the news. And why is Carl so loveable?
1. Carl started a software company and became the vendor of choice for the 4th largest pizza company in the world. (4th largest? Wow!)
2. Then Carl became a restaurant recruiter. (Why?)
3. Danny Cahill converted him to blogging. (What about the rest of his family?)
4. Carl's site has "a hybrid immersion of corporate offerings".
(Don't ask what it means. It's poetry!)
5. Carl thinks recruiters are sleazy. He regularly vows to "do his part to change the face of recruiting so that it is a more trusted profession".
6. Carl hates companies with unreal standards and candidates who lie to get around them. (At least he's fair).
7. Carl wants to be world famous and Dozie assures him that having made it to Six Degrees From Dave, he has "made it to the big table".
8. Folksiness like Carl's is sorely lacking in the Recruitosphere.
(Hey! What's The Recruiting Animal if not folksy?)
Dave's advice to Carl: If you network a lot, it doesn't mean you're trying to use people. (You just want to be sociable with your 30,000 "friends").
Want to see Carl's picture? It's here.
That is all.