A new blog by Moises Lopez .
Moises Lopez is the National Sourcing Manager for PDS Technical Services. He's started a new blog called The Sourcing Corner
Like Amybeth Hale, Moises believes that your recruiting team can't be its best without well-defined sourcing procedures which, he complains, most companies don't have.
He also lays out the key sourcing and recruiting skills:
* Understanding the jobs you are recruiting for.
* Knowing the companies that hire these people.
* Knowing the compensation packages in the industry.
* Knowledge of sourcing skills
* Knowing which sourcing technique to use in a specific setting (eg. advertising, competitor raiding).
* Knowing how to handle objections.
In my world, a sourcer does not call the potential candidates so handling objections would not be necessary. But I met Bill Vick in Toronto last week and he told me that in his vocabulary the names-finder is a researcher and a sourcer is what Shally Elvis Steckerl would call a networker. That's someone who handles the initial phone contact and "candidate development".